The edition number 14 of the MultiComfort House Student Contest will be held next May in Dubai with students representing more than 25 countries. The contest is open to individual students or teams. The task this year is to develop a transcultural vibrant community by combining residential and public spaces, taking into account climatic conditions and regional context.
The competition is divided in two stages: the National and the International Stage. There is also the opportunity to participate through the Online Stage, for students who do not have national competition organized in their country. The jury that will select the winner this year is composed of:
– Mohammad Hassan Al Ali, Head of Projects Design Section from Dubai Municipality
– Kifah Sbeitan, Director – Districts Management & Operations from Dubai Properties
– Roland Matzig, Architect at RMP Architects in Germany
– David Basulto, Founder and CEO of Arch Daily in Chile
– Youssef Tohme, Architect, Founder and Partner at Youssef Tohme Architects and Associates, Beirut
– Leif Andersson, International Manager – Innovation & Solutions Saint-Gobain Insulation
– Slawomir Szpunar, International Marketing Director Saint-Gobain Group
The MultiComfort House Student Contest was launched in 2013 by Isover in Serbia, it became international in 2005 and during the last edition in Madrid, more than 1800 students were registered for participation.
Find more information in