MULTI COMFORT design principles can be applied to any type of building (residential or non-residential, new build or renovation project) in any country or climate around the world.
In 2010, Saint-Gobain decided to renovate its centre in Moscow to MULTI COMFORT standards.
Our existing building was transformed to include upgraded training facilities for construction industry professionals, as well as a new showroom space to showcase Saint-Gobain building solutions.
Highlights and challenges
The main challenge of this non-residential project was to complete the large-scale renovation to high standards, while adhering to a restricted budget.
- Energy consumption: 395 kWh/m².yr (Heating 45 kWh/m².yr; Electricity 350 kWh/m².yr)
- Energy balance: -395 kWh/m².yr
- Energy production: 0 kWh/m².yr
- Airborne noise insulation : Improved by 10 dB
- Contact noise insulation : Improved by 10 dB
- External noise insulation : Improved by 10 dB
- ** Difference between external and internal noise levels.